Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Talk with GOD

I remember writing this poem about the day that I was born. This is a poem that is very dear to my heart. I hope you enjoy the read.

“My Talk With God”

Born two months early. Delivered from a dry birth. Fighting for life at 3lbs 5 ounces. God spoke, “This breath, you’re worth.” (Blowing) “Welcome to my world. Walk with me & talk with me.”

11:48 am, Feb. 23rd, 1977 I get here. Crying in fear but awakened. See, God knew I was no mistake and…he knew my potential. He giggles, “Poetry you resemble. Words placed on the center of your tongue. The truth formed in the center of your eyes. A brain built in the rawest form. Your presence is one they’ll remember for life.”

Then he told me, “Leukemiona, there’s only one you. No other. I will now place you in the hands of your mother for guidance. If ever you’re in need, place the ground up under your knees and talk to me. I am the wisest. Remember that life is a continued journey. There will be many forks in the road, lots of decisions to be made. You will often cry and sometimes it may seem as you’re in constant pain. You’ll sometimes doubt me and you will often ask me why. You’ll want what you want when you want it & wonder why the slow reply. Just know that I am always here and you will never have to worry. Whenever the water seems to get too deep. I will always be here to carry…you. Remember that I am the truth, the way & the light. And don’t forget that it’s me & through my precious son Jesus Christ you’re blessed with this life. Now cry…”

Only a few hours old and I let out a scream. My mother tried to comfort me and the nurses told her to feed. But his gift to me was one that brought the tears to my eyes. At only a few hours old, I cried thankful for my gift of life. I said to him, “Lord thank you. And as long as I live, I will always know there is only one you. I want to thank you for taking the time to perfect me. They say that no one is perfect but every time I look in the mirror…I see it directly. You make no mistakes. Everything is perfect that you create. I am your child. A child of God. You are my father. Doubting you will be a hard job. You see, you are faithful, kind, gentle and your love is unconditional. No matter my troubles, you’re always near me so…I don’t have to worry and yes, times may even get scary. And I may start to wonder but I know. That as long as I’m walking this road I am not alone. As you place me in my mothers arms and the world becomes my playground and my mother becomes my teacher. And when the rain comes pouring down…I know I can call if I need you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so very much. There is nothing like a father’s love. God, I love you!”

Written by: Leukemiona Daniels 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment