Monday, June 17, 2013

I Am...Shala.

I am...Shala. In June of 1998 I was asked, "How much do you love me?" At that time I didn't know how to express myself verbally so I began to write. My feelings poured out onto a sheet of paper and by the time I was finished...there was my first poem. The more questions I was asked, the more poetry I began to write. I remember hearing a voice stating, "Write. I want you to write in a way that it save lives." I didn't get it then but I do now.

I have been given a gift to write poetry in a way that I've never known. I write poetry in order to help, heal and save lives. I write without thought. I write without true insight. I write...it's my passion and I enjoy every moment. I started this blog to share my gift with the world.

Please...sit back, relax and read. I welcome all comments and feedback.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,Shala you really do have a gift. I came across your blog in Liveops and I have truly been blessed by reading your poems. Thank you so much.
    Iris Lebby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Lebby. I really appreciate. It's comments like yours that keep me writing.

    ReplyDelete