Monday, June 17, 2013

Trapped Firefighter Found Dead In Dallas Fire - America Flag Drapes St...




My heart went out to Mr. Wilson's family when I saw this news broadcast and I wrote:

I went in to rescue those trapped in the building
But as I walked, over me came a very odd feeling
Then a voice spoke to me and said, "Son it's time.
Reach up and grab this hand of mine."

Without a second thought I did just that
The voice continued to say, "There's no coming back.
Your families pain, I'll make sure to ease.
Just let me do the work that needs to be."

Up to the heavenly skies I flew
My heart beat slowly died and then I knew
That the tears from your face would fall at a constant pace
But this smile I wear is because I know I won the race.

To my fellow firefighters, continue to do the work you're called to do
It's been my pleasure daily to get up and work beside each one of you
Know that I'm still looking from up top on you down below
It was meant...I had to go.

To my family, know that no mistake was made...it was time
God had a plan for me...it was a master design
Though I'm not physically there, I am not gone
I just reside with my God in His lovely home.

Though death brings distance, our hearts keep us close.

Love,
Stanley Wilson

Written by Leukemiona Kelley, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment