Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I Love You...Love, Trayvon Martin

I was sitting here watching Nancy Grace talk about the Trayvon Martin trial and I began to write...

God started to write a book...
And it began with, "From the womb of Sybrina Fulton I took"
A little boy she and his dad named Trayvon Martin
And with the first breath I put in him; his eyes I also put a spark in.

Mom, I know that 17 years wasn't long enough for us
And each day that goes by, the pain of not having me there gets tough
The moments of seeing my smile, it hurts
But I know the love of God and the fact that it works
So on Him I call-asking Him to hold you very tight
To let you know He took me home and I made it safe...alright
Each time I look down and see there's not a smile on your face
I get this hurt in my stomach because I cannot take what you're feeling away
But think about those moments together
And think about the laughs we sat and had
And know that no matter the outcome of this current trial...
God called me home to Him...and to know that...you can't be mad.

Dad, I know that 17 years went quicker than it should have
And if you had known my death was near, we could've at least had our last laugh
But to know...wouldn't have made it any more easier
I'm just glad that you were always there when I needed ya'
Just make sure to take care of my mama and know that the two of you will make it
Know that God is real and the pain you have, He'll do away with it
I sit here while looking down of all of you and I remember the times
I lay here and think about conversations we had and start repeating the lines
I know that there is no replacing me and though it does...
Don't let the pain of losing me overcome you because I'm just fine up above
Keep your heart and open and receive the love that God is giving
And know that I made it home...so I'm not just alive...I'm truly living.

Love, your son...
Trayvon

(Written by Leukemiona Kelley, 6/26/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment