Monday, June 17, 2013

TURF FEINZ RIP RichD Dancing in the Rain Oakland Street | YAK FILMS



I remember seeing D-Real (in white shirt, starts dancing at 1:24) on World of Jenks and hearing him talk about the death of his brother. When he spoke, you could see the pain in his eyes and the tears fell. My heart went out to him so I wrote this poem and then I sent a message to Andrew Jenks on Twitter asking if he could pass it along. He responded asking for a link and at that time, I didn't have one but now I do. I hope he gets a chance to see this.

"A Letter from Dom"

Bro, I want to first say that for my death you are not to blame
God said that heaven was in need of angels so I gladly came.
Life on earth is not meant to be forever and we all know this
But when you lose someone so close, life seems to lose purpose.

Bro, I know that my leaving you has been hard to understand
But God makes no mistakes when He lays out His plans.
Whatever my purpose was on God's earth, it has been filled
I don't want you to hurt cause that's not what you're suppose to feel.

I hate I had to leave you the way I did but on my face I wear a smile
Though you can't see physically, I'm in a place called heaven now.
I just hope you can get to a place where you're okay
And don't forget that God wants you to ask for His help...so pray.

I wasn't perfect and not everything I did was in a good light
But the time I lived upon His green earth, I put up a good fight.
When the heat from the bullet tore through my body I knew
There was nothing I could say, take back or do.

My life has now come to an end, physically anyway
But I am here to protect you, you're guardian angel every day.
Continue to dance, especially in the rain...cause y'all did that
I wish I could but we both know I'm not coming back.

Tell mama, I love her and the the rest of the family too
"Look me in my face, I ain't got no worries" (in my Lil' Wayne voice), cause I truly believe in you.
You're going to do great things, the road you'll travel will be long
But know that as you take each step you won't be alone.

Though death brings us distance, our hearts keep us close.

Love you bro,
Dom

(Written by Leukemiona Kelley, 2013)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you I love this I really needed this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome. I wrote it two years ago and didn't think it would ever reach you but God is good. Stay blessed.

      Delete