Monday, June 17, 2013

Connecticut Shooting & the Children Who Lost Their Lives.

I will never forget hearing the news about the many children killed in the Connecticut shooting. Such a senseless murder. So immediately I wrote a poem from the eyes of the one holding the gun:

I woke up with a headache
Looked at my hands that were shaking
Heard my mother yell from downstairs
"Honey I made you biscuits, eggs and bacon."

Didn't wanna see the look on her face so I snuck thru...
Opposite side of the kitchen and headed off to skool
Told my classmates that life for me was ova
Told them not to show up the next day if they wanted to grow older.

 Went home and confessed to my mother of my hatred
She looked me in the eye saying, "It's gonna b okay kid."
I told her-she didn't understand cos it wasn't
My thoughts say to live but my heart doesn't.

 She said that sometimes we get down but that will pass
But the very next morning I showed up with a gun to class.
Said to my teacher, "I don't know why but this has to...
It has to happen. I have to kill you."

 I looked at my friends and said, "I told you don't come.
I wasn't lying to you and now you're facing the barrel of my gun."
I closed my eyes and I felt the power as my arm yanked back
I heard the casings go...clack, clack, clack.

 I heard yelling and screaming and my teacher yell, "Noooooo!"
Then she hit the floor and I didn't hear her no more.
One after one, they fell
I already felt right then I was going to hell.

 So immediately I turned the gun on myself and I shot
But when I came to, heaven is where I was not.
Surrounded by armed cops, doctors and nurses
The thoughts I had now had immediately worsened.

 I went to take lives as well as my own
A failed suicide mission gone wrong.
The death sentence..a light one compared to what I'm about to see
So senseless was the killing but it made sense to me.

#Senselessmurders

**Written by Leukemiona, 2012**

No comments:

Post a Comment