Friday, July 12, 2013

In Memory of Charles Pope - Tameka "Tiny "Harris's Father

So...I woke up about 4a this morning and the first thing I do is pick up my phone and check my Facebook page. On my wall I see a post from Trey Songz about the passing of Tameka "Tiny" Harris's father. Immediately poetry comes into my mind and I send her a tweet on Twitter letting her know that I was sorry for her loss and that I would be posting a poem for her on my blog. So I write:


July 11, 2013 an angel sat at my bedside and said, "It's time,"
I got up, got dressed and put on my most nicest designs.
For I knew when I heard that voice that God wanted me,
As soon as He reached down His hand, I grabbed it so quickly.

Diane honey, I wish there was another way for me to extend my time,
But God has it all planned out...He created a master design.
He called my name and to the beautiful heavens I fled,
I just wish there was a way I didn't have to leave you just yet.
I want you to know that you mean the world to me,
I love you more than words can explain and eyes can see.
You are my best friend and I would stop time for you if I could,
If I could place my feet back upon the earth and be with you...I would.
There's never an easy way to say good-bye when death comes,
I can only say to you that I'll always be sending my love.

Tameka dear, I know that you are taking this very hard,
But know that I didn't leave you, I've just gone back home with God.
In your heart I will remain, past memories will keep us close,
When the wind roars know that's me saying, "I love you the most."
Take care of your mother for me and give all the gran's my love,
Make sure you tell them that I'm flying high up above.
I thank God every day for blessing me with a daughter like you,
Remember to keep Him first in everything you do.
Whenever the pain of losing me begin to weigh heavy on your heart,
Don't cry, just close your eyes and give it all to God.
I will be looking down on you every moment of every day,
You know I would never just up and leave you...God said I could not stay.

Love,
A great husband & father ** Charles Pope

(Written by Leukemiona Kelley, 2013)

1 comment:

  1. I am very thankful to God that Tameka "Tiny" Harris was able to read this. With my gift I'm able to reach, help, heal and save. God...again thank you for the gift & all that it reaches.

    ReplyDelete