Saturday, December 6, 2014

In Memory of Jacqueline "Jackie" Donahue (Sister of Nelly & Mother of Shawn and Sydney)

I was watching an episode of "Nellyville" when I saw Nelly say that two of his children were actually his niece and nephew whom he took responsibility for after the death of his sister. I enjoyed watching the show but was more touched by the story, therefore, I took the gift God has blessed me with and began writing:




It's been a while since I've left the earthly grounds,
No matter how long it's been I know it still hurts the same not to have me around.
Know that I did not go far because my love still lives with you,
No matter how long, I'll never ever forget you.

Nelly, you are the best brother any girl could ever ask for,
Though you didn't have to, you did as I asked and more.
I love you bro and from the heaven skies I watch over you daily,
I know you sense my love and it has you feeling some type of way lately.

I'm not far at all...just beyond the clouds you look up to,
Don't you cry at all...I'm so thankful for the time God gave me with you.
All it takes is a call...you can yell up to the high and bright skies,
I hear it all...through the winds howl you'll hear my fast replies.


Shawn and Sydney... know that I'd give anything to have you in my arms again,
I know it's been painful but God called my name and I've been in heaven ever sent.
Know that no mistake was made, when God calls us...we have to go,
Know that each and every day...I'm looking down on you and loving you so.

A mother's love last forever and that's exactly how my love will last for you,
Look how big you've gotten and all the wonderful things you've been blessed to do.
You're listening to Uncle Nell ain't you? You better be...cause you know how he is,
I'm sitting back laughing as I watch down on all four of you kids.

Continue doing great things and never walk away from your dreams,
Know that life is too short and you want to live with no regrets about anything.
Be good to each other, take care of one another and love as much as you can,
And know that no matter what life brings you...I'll be right here, holding your hand.

Love,
Mama Jackie

(Written by Leukemiona "Shala" Kelley, 12/6/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment