Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My Poetry Letter To All of You! Love, Mel


My feet were lifted from the ground but my eyes still had you in view, 
God had confirmed my life was completed but something unaware to you. 
As I looked around, knowing that shortly after your hearts would be in pain, 
I asked God to make sure that each and every one of you would always be okay.

Mama five years has passed since the day and I know the tears still fall, 
If only I could, I would come back so that you don't have to deal with the pain of it all. 
I'm missing you just as much as I know that you're down there missing me, 
I reached the heavenly skies and I'm smiling because I got my angel wings. 



Mama life with you was everything and I miss seeing your beautiful face, 
I wish I could have one more hug, one more kiss or just to hear your voice say, "Mel."
When the winds wrap around you just know that I'm sending you my hugs,
When the thunder roars the loudest, know that I'm sending you my love. 

Mama the physical me will never return to the earth but my love never left you,
The same unconditional love I gave on earth, I give that same love in death too. 


 All three brothers...
I know that August 31, 2010 was a very painful day for all three of you dude's,
On the 4300 block of America Street is where the angels came and stood. 
Followed me to the hospital and held my hand until my last breath was taken,
My spirit was then released from my body and moves I started making. 

Flew to the heavens with the rest of my people to live eternal life, 
At the same time I'm missing my brothers and wishing I didn't die. 
But as we know the good Lord above has never made a mistake when names are called, 
And prayers are always answered that's why I asked if He'd watch over y'all. 

Look at y'all dude, I'm sitting here with a smile on my face just seeing this picture,
It would look a little bit better if ya' big brother was in it witcha'. 
Taking a moment to send smiles your way and joke with ya' just a little bit,
I will always and forever love you and that, you better not ever forget. 



Netia, five years has passed since I left and I just want you to know that I'm here, 
The physical me had to leave the earth but my love and presence is always near. 
Thinking about those old times we shared, the laughs and the playing around we did, 
I'd give anything just to have five more minutes with you sis. 

Enjoy life, love hard and do whatever it is you set your mind for, 
You just never know when that time will come for life to be no more. 
I'm so proud of you and all that you've done and I'll continue being by your side, 
God knew what He was doing when He gave me my wings to fly. 


Once upon a time there were three little girls who wanted to conquer the world,
They set out on a mission early in the morning to find every diamond and pearl. 
So from the heavens God called for an angel to help them find what they were after, 
"Melvin" he said, "Go help them out. You'll find them by the sound of their laughter." 


I was taken to the heavens, such a beautiful place and wings were placed on my back,
Then I flew to the earth to help complete your mission with my binoculars and sack. 
Every little journey that you travel, I'll be taking those same steps too,
And if you ever need a helping hand know that I'm standing right next to you.

When you lay to sleep at night, I'll tuck you in and kiss your cheek,
When you open your eyes, the "Good morning" you hear will be me. 
Baby dolls, I love ya'll so much and my love is there in your hearts,
You may not see the physical me but your daddy is never too far. 


Know that I'm always loving ya'll,
I just had to go cause God called. 
I'm never too far away,
I didn't just up and leave, God said I could not stay.

Love,
Mel

(Written by Leukemiona "Shala" Kelley, 2/24/2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment