Thursday, February 5, 2015

Gone too soon!!! Miss you granda Ruth Pruitt!!!




I Love Me Some You Grandma!!! 




Twelve months too long...the world I know needs you,
Can't believe that you're gone...and my eyes don't see you.
I know the heavenly people are happy...you're with them,
I know God called you cos He wanted you home with him. 

Grandma, I love you more than you could've ever known,
The tears flooded my face as soon as I heard you were gone.
It seems as if I can pick up the phone right now and hear your voice, 
The selfish me would bring you back if I had my choice.

It's been a whole year and I still hear, "It don't matter to me."
Your voice calling me back my nickname, "Come here Shashi."
Seeing you sitting there at the table and laughing aloud,
Cane in your hand, Pepsi in your glass and you're wearing a smile.

The love I have for you will always and forever be, 
You birthed the woman who then gave life to me.
Grandma, I miss you more than this poem could ever say,
I'm so thankful to call you my grandma...grandma, just so sad that you could not stay.

Love,
Shala 

(Written by Leukemiona Kelley, 2/5/15)

No comments:

Post a Comment