Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Side of the Story

This is a poem I wrote back in 2011. I try to write what I see in this world and what if's. So I write:

I never meant to but things got outta hand
Mama started tripping out on me and these were the things she was saying...
You juss like yo' ol nuttn ass daddy
I wish I neva had ya'
You make me sick
I shoulda neva listened to the pastor
She neva showed me unconditional love
She neva taught me how to do things the responsible way
She blamed me for my father's wrong doings
She blamed me cos he wouldn't stay
One day after skool, she started rambling wit that mouth of hers
Tears started running down my cheek
Wrapped both my hands around her neck
Tighter and tighter until she couldn't speak
Neva tried calling for help
Just let her lay there, gasping for air...let her die
Didn't want to hear her bullshyt statements
Said this when the judge asked me why....
I didn't have a mother like you did
I basically raised myself
She constantly complained about how being around me sickened her
She said that she wished the abortion clinic is where I was left
I juss couldn't keep listening to it
I was about to commit suicide
Do I wish I could go back and change things
No becos we would juss be trading lives.

-Written by Leukemiona "Shala", 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment