Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Abort

A poem I wrote in May 2011 about abortion.

I just didn't know what to do
Couldn't stand the thought of you
Growing inside me
Taking away from the "FREE" life that I have
So I was given no choice
My whole family pissed
And...
Mama won't let me tell my daddy
She say that if we get it ova with no one will have to know
I don't want the embarrassment
The humiliation
Them knowing that I'm with child
Not wanting the possibility of never graduating
Choices...
I have them
But what do I do
It's either keep you or abort you
The opportunity to give you away or spoil you
I sit here
And I think it may be easier becos I don't know you
And if I never give myself the opportunity it won't matter
I will never be haunted by your face, your eyes or your laughter
I have a choice
And becos I can never be me, with you
I abort!

-Leukemiona "Shala" Daniels, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment