Wednesday, September 11, 2013

In Memory of Gemmia (the daughter of Iyanla Vanzant)

I was watching Iyanla's show "Fix My Life" when she stated she had lost her daughter. I went to her site to see where I could send a request for her to help "Fix My Life" but then God put it on my heart to write for her. So I looked up information regarding the passing of her daughter and I began to write:


On Christmas morning 2003, God said He was in need of angels...He was in need of me.

I sit up above the sky so high
And look down below and wonder why
The tears fill faces for us up here
Cause we smile at all times from ear to ear.

I know that it was not easy losing me
I know that on earth you would prefer that I be,
But God called my name and immediately I went
To my home in the heavens with the angels He sent.

Mom, looking down upon you...I smile
Seeing how you fix lives make me so proud.
You are an amazing woman, you are
My love still love you with all of my heart.

Whenever you want to see my face again, look at old pictures taken
When you want to feel me there, dream and old memories will start playing,
When you want to feel my hugs, the wind will wrap around you tight
And when you want to hear me say "I love you," listen as the wind blow at night.

Mom, you will always be the best mother a child could ask for
Sorry that I had to leave so soon but God was waiting at heavens door,
I just wanted to send you words to let you know I'm thinking of you
And every moment I'm with you doing what Gods angels do.

Though death bring distance, our hearts keep us close.

Love,
Gemmia

(Written by Leukemiona "Shala", 9/11/2013)




No comments:

Post a Comment