Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Poem for my dad, Adrian Peterson

Today I watched TMZ live and heard about the abuse done to the 2-year old son of Adrian Peterson. I was sadden and shocked that someone could do this. Not too long after that I heard that he passed from his injuries. Immediately my heart went out to A.P., his family, his son's mothers and her family. I also wrote:

A Poem for my dad, Adrian Peterson

I heard a voice say, “Come little angel,” as a hand reached down for me,
My eyes were dried and then I heard, “I’ve come to set you free.”
God then held me in His hand and took me home up high,
I’m sorry that I had to leave without even saying bye-bye.
Daddy, I love you more than you will ever know,
God called me home so I had to go.
I know that there may be anger deep down inside,
I’m looking from up top at your crying eyes.
Know that God has never taken an angel by mistake,
Know that God can make sure that the pain goes away.
I ask that God give you understanding as the days pass by,
And let you know that I have a smile that’s so, so bright.
If you ever want to see my face again, let the memories play,
Whenever you have questions, just kneel and pray.
Daddy, continue to do good and I’ll be right there with you,
Also standing at the gates of heaven when God come to get you.

Love,

Baby Peterson

(Written by Leukemiona "Shala" 10/11/2013)


No comments:

Post a Comment