Tuesday, September 10, 2013

In Memory of Tiana Ricks - Gone too Soon!

I'm on Facebook and I see a post that Jayceon "The Game" Taylor had on his wall about a little girl named Tiana Ricks who was gunned down in Moreno Valley this past weekend. I cannot imagine the pain this little girls family is going through. He has started the RobinHood Project...helping others and I wanted to be apart of that and write this poem. I'm hoping I can get this to them for her obituary. So I write:


Not even a moments notice and I'm gone
God sent His angels to come and take me home.
I know that losing me like this is hard
God never make mistakes and we know this for sure.

Momma & Daddy, I know that the tears are falling fast
To be with you...is what I pray to God and ask.
To hold you in His arms until you completely heal
I know He can and He promised He will.

Though my life was cut short, it was well lived
The smile that you saw is shinning now still.
As you get ready to lay me down to rest
Know that you are not to blame...you gave me your best.

Though you may wish there was something you could've done, God knows
And when He call us by name...we all have to go.
I will be watching down upon you each moment of every day
When the pain seem to never end, bow your head and begin to pray.

Though death bring distance, our hearts keep us close.

Love,
Tiana

(Written by Leukemiona "Shala", 9/10/13)

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the post made by Jayceon "the Game" Taylor...I was immediately sadden. I'm now supporting theRobinHoodProject that he's started. God bless the Ricks family.

    ReplyDelete