Saturday, August 3, 2013

Too Soon to Judge

My Poetry's Truth:

At school and I walked by a group of girls with a cap on my head
One shouted, "Where's your hair. I bet it's ugly and probably smell bad."
The other girls they laughed and continued to call me funny names
As I continued to walk they followed playing the "bullying game."

The next day at school I walked by the same group of girls
One shouted, "Why don't you twirl beautiful twirl."
Then they busted out laughing at the clothes I was wearing
Followed me singing, "I wonder with who these clothes she's sharing."

Pants a little high from my ankles, neither one of my socks matched
My shoes not brand new and my shirt was an ugly plaid.
They laughed...oh just tickled and every day made fun of me
I guess it made them feel good but inside it was hurting me.

Though I didn't have much, I was blessed
Grew up to own my own business and have success
Never knew from my looks then that I would b where I am today
And those who laughed back then would be working for me to earn their pay.

Message: You just never know. A person is never defined by their physical features or clothes. You have to get to know someone then judge them based off how they treat you. You may laugh and get a kick out of them now but you never know what a blessing they can be...on the cool.

(Written by Leukemiona, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment