Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Love Me When You Have Me

My Poetry's Truths:

When he arrived at my door I said, "Come in. Glad to see you decided to drop thru. Why don't u meet my new friend. David this is Devon, my kids dad. Devon this is David, the man who will now be enjoying what you had." He gave me this weird look and asked, "Can I talk to you for a minute. We stepped outside the front door and his lips started sinning...saying, "This ain't what I really wanted. I didn't think you would eva leave. I promise to do better I love you. This time you really have to believe me. He ain't gon' love you like I do. This relationship won't last for long. I'll give you everything you ask for if you just let me come back home." I replied, "Now that you see that I've moved on, you want to make a change. But I've had time to think since you've left me alone and I don't think I wanna take back all the pain. David has come into my life now and I'll take the chance rather than repeat the choice. Hope you'll do better the next go round and listen when she shares her voice." #lovemewhenuhaveme

(Leukemiona "Shala", 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment