Wednesday, August 21, 2013

In Memory of Christopher Lane

I was watching Anderson Cooper 360 about Christopher Lane's senseless murder in the small town of Duncan, Ok aired and I began to write:


At my girlfriends house and I go out to take a run
Thinking nothing of it until I felt the heat from a bullet of a gun.
Staggered across the street to the other side
Could barely feel my feet so inside the ditch I fell...alive.

Voices I begin to hear but they started to fade out quickly
Then angels voices appeared in my ear saying that they came to get me.
At that very moment I started to realize they were from another place
And though I didn't want it...my heart didn't continue to beat the same pace.

To my family:

I know that this moment seem so unreal, so made up
Hard to imagine that so soon, death would come to greet us.
Above the clouds sit an awesome God who does awesome things
He takes care of the hurt we feel and the pain it brings.

I know that losing me will not be an easy thing to move on from
But I know that you can do anything with God's love.
Know that every moment we shared will be with me forever
And the memories you have will keep us together.

The death of someone doesn't mean that they're gone
The absence of their presence mean that God called them home.
But the love of them still remains right there with you
As your guardian angel, I'm doing what God called me to.

Love,
Christopher Lane

Written by Leukemiona "Shala", 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment