Saturday, August 17, 2013

Twenty-six Years

My poetry's truths:

It's been twenty-six years since she looked me in my face
Those same twenty-six years has passed since in my father's arms I was embarrassed
Long weekends I sat wondering their whereabouts, their faces
Wondering if I would ever see them again...

Well I did...
I'm just now leaving them and the tears fell
I said things to them I had on my chest and needed to tell
My eyes are swollen and my heart still beat uncontrollably
Good thing my husband was there to grab hold of me

Just looking at them both so broken-hearted
But twenty-six years ago...our relationship departed
I was able to to calm my worried mind and daily thoughts
Too bad it was at their funeral...that we had to talk.

(Written by Leukemiona "Shala", 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment