Saturday, August 10, 2013

Poetry Vision - Tragic Story

This world and the things that are happening in it. The world create a whole bunch of opportunities that allow me to write...write life, write situations, write relationships, etc. Whether on paper or using MS Word...I get to write poetry.

Just off the top of my head I began to write:

After school my grandmother is there to pick me up...which was kinda confusing cos I usually ride the bus. She said, "Get in child. Your mother sent me to get you. Why are you looking at me kinda crazy and confused?"

"Am I going to your house?" I asked. "Yeh boy," she said rubbing my head as she laughed. When we arrived there were cars parked in front of the house and some up in the driveway. "What's going on?" I asked, "Is it someone's birthday?"

She looked at me and began to cry. I grabbed her hand and asked her, "Why?" She looked me deep in the eyes and begin to say, "Your grandfather Henry...he died today." I ran inside the house with tears falling fast. Each one of the family members I ran quickly pass. I screamed, "Where is my mama?" as I ran through the house. My grandma then grabbed me and said, "You have to sit down."

"This morning your grandfather picked up the phone. Your mother was screaming that something was wrong. He went to her rescue to find her holding a gun. It was pointed at her temple and she was holding her son. Your grand-dad tried to talk to her and tell her to stop. He called me on the house phone and then I heard a shot. He lay there struggling to breath but said, "Please help her okay." She picked up the phone and screamed, "Dad, you okay? Mom he's not breathing, I didn't mean to shoot. As I began to take the gun from my head the bullet went through." Then I heard your brother crying and I said, "I'm on my way." When I arrived she was shot in the face.

"So...your brother I have. Your mother is gone. Your grandfather was killed but you are not alone. I'll be her to hold you, to talk to you...I care. I'm sorry that your father is incarcerated and not able to be there. Though she was not my biological child...your father is my son. We will get through this together and know that your mother sends her love."

the end.

(Written by Leukemiona, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment