Thursday, January 9, 2014

In Memory of Lamonika Gyant

God sent one of His Angels to the earthly grounds,
She arrived and said, "God said it's time to come home child."
I got up and put on a white gown and white slippers,
The angel said, "Turn around and let me zip ya'."

I asked, "Can you tell me what I'm gonna b walking into?"
She replied, "That's only for God to do."
I stood there for a moment thinking about how my children would feel,
Then I screamed out, "God take care of them for me if you will."

Tears started to roll down my cheeks in a fast pace,
The ground was no longer under my feet, I was up in a clouded space.
Turned to look back down at the grounds below,
The angel said, "When God calls...you juss have to go."

Terrence 'Tadpole' Daniels I wish there was an easier way to do this,
No last moments, no last hugs, no last kiss.
Juss know that even though my body will be motionless, buried below
My love still lives...It did not go.

Menyon, Trinity and Zachary I know you don't understand,
But I ask God to explain it to you when you can.
God promised to be with you every moment while I'm away,
I did not leave you behind, God juss said I could not stay.

If ever you need to be comforted about my leaving...dad is there,
Whatever you're feeling...know that those feelings you can always share.
Talk to me as you've always done, I will be listening close,
My love for you is and will always be unconditional...so...

I juss want you to know that heaven is where I am,
My love is right there where you are.
I juss want you to know that God is here with me,
And I'll always be right there in your heart.

Tadpole, please tell everyone I love them.

Heaven Bound,
Lamonika Gyant


(Written by Leukemiona "Shala" 1/9/2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment