Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Poem to T.I.P from the homie Doe B

I read an article that T.I. had lost one of his Hustle Gang artist, Doe B, on December 28, 2013. Time after time we hear about these senseless murders and my heart go out to all those affected. Not only was Doe B a victim; there was a young lady by the name of Kimberle Johnson who died as well. As always, my God put it on my heart to write this poem for T.I. It is my hope that he get to read it.


On December 28th I was G'd up and enjoying myself
Club crowded, drinks in the air and the music was loud and bumping.
Just chilling and letting the nights moments pass me by
I didn't have plans on there being no shootings or nothing.

Then an angel approached me...all white, smiling and feet lifted
Said, "God told me to come and get you. Doe B He said and He was specific."
Didn't know what to think at that moment cos I had neva seen an angel befo'
Mean...I've seen them in books and cards but not face-to-face saying, "Come on, let's go."

On my travel to the hospital my mind began to race
Had questions about what was going to happen after leaving this place.
It's hard to explain and I know it's even harder to understand
Though we have questions we know it's all in God's plan.

T.I., I just want to thank you for everything you've done
Gon' miss you dude but I'll be constantly sending down my love.
Sitting here thinking about the laughs we shared and jokes played
You were a good friend to me and I'm just happy for the memories saved.

Make sure and tell my kids that I love them, those living and the unborn one on the way
Kiss them for me and let them know that their daddy didn't just up and run away.
Tell them that in due time God will straighten the confusion they feel
Tell them though I'm chillin' in heaven...my love for them still lives.

You don't think about the importance of showing love until it's no longer there
We juss live life as we live it until eye-to-eye with death we stare.
Make sure to love hard, live right and give while you can
Don't let them forget me homie. And to all I give a Hustle Gang Stand.

Remember me always,
Doe B

(Written by Leukemiona "Shala" 1/1/2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment