Sunday, December 8, 2013

In Memory of Willie Maxine Perry (the mother of Tyler Perry)

I was just on Twitter sending Tyler Perry messages about us working/writing/creating one day. I know that one day he will be my mentor #Godsaysso. I wanted to write this poem for him in memory of his mother. I hope he sees this one day. God bless him. He is amazing.

I write:

A face appeared before me and I knew it was God
He wrapped me in His arms and took me away...very, very far.

Son, I see the great things that you are doing
I'm so very proud of you.
I see the amazing things that you create
So glad that God has allowed me to.

I know that losing me was a hard things to deal with
If I could turn back the hands of time, I would come back in an instant.
When God calls us by name, there is no turning back
When God shows His face, trust me son...you'll be glad.

Even though we know that death will come to us all, it's never easy
Leaving you was so hard to do, baby boy believe me.
God made me an angel to watch over you every single day and night
God made me an angel so that you'd know everything will be alright.

When the clouds create a portrait, you should see my face
When the wind howls loud, that's me saying, "I love you," okay.
When you hear the birds chirping, I'm singing my favorite song
When you see the sunlight, that's my love keeping you warm.

Tyler, I love you so very much
I hope these words are a reminder.

A mother's love will always be
A loving son...you are to me.
A ray of sunshine that brightens my day
Your mother's love is a love that lives forever...and always.

(Written by Leukemiona "Shala" 12/8/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment