Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thank You Soldier.

So I was in Chili's today and saw a female soldier sitting on the other side of me with her head held down a little. I called over my waiter and said, "Can you find out what she's having?" He said, "Sure," as he walked off. He came back and told me. I then asked, "Can you bring me her ticket?" He came back with it and I paid for her meal and asked him for a blank piece of paper. On it, I wrote: Your meal has been taken care of. Thank you for your service. God bless. When he t...ook it to her, she reached over and grabbed the hand of the person sitting with me. So after we finished eating I walked over to her and said, "I know I can't thank you enough for all that you do but the least I could do was pay for your lunch." She got up from her seat and gave me the tightest hug and said, "Thank you for taking care of me. I was sitting ova here reading this book feeling sorry for myself when he came ova and told me what you did. Thank you for seeing me for me. I'm going to keep this piece of paper in my wallet."

The hug she gave me made me feel so good. God put people in our path for a reason. I thought to myself, "Maybe she needed a moment to just grab someone and hold them tight." It felt so good to see the smile on her face. God is good all the time.

Again, thank you soldier for all that you do. Thank you.
 
(Written by Leukemiona Shala, 12/8/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment