Saturday, November 16, 2013

Playstation 4 vs My Child

**It's amazing the things we make time for**

My Poetry's Truths:

Heard the Playstation 4 was hitting the stores at midnite so outside the store I was seated. Blanket covering my legs and a jacket on my body to keep me heated. Got to the store about 2pm cos I wanted to b first in line. Was gon' make sure that if nothing else, I was gon' get mine. So I sat there and I waited. Thinking about all the fun I was gon' have, the prize I was gon' get for waiting. The moment come and I'm the first one in the store. The first one at the counter with my hundred dollar bills and more.

The next morning my child calls and says that they just wanna hang out with me. I just sat and listened as he/she said mama/daddy please come and get me. I had to tell 'em that I was beat cos I was out all nite, maybe another time. And got the response that I always say that and end up doing nuthin' but lieing. But hey, I got what I wanted so outta my bed I leaped. Went and open the box that waited patiently for me. Had the biggest smile on my face that one had ever seen. I finally got the game that I kept envisioning in my dream.

Later that day my child called and asked if I was still busy. He/She said, "Now can you come get me?" I responded with a quick lie saying that I gotta go in to work. The crazy thing is, I lied and didn't care that he/she was hurt.

(Written by Leukemiona "Shala", 11/15/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment