Saturday, November 16, 2013

In Memory of Donald McClurkin Sr (Father of Donnie McClurkin)

A day ago or so I saw on a post from Rickey Smiley on FB about the death of Donnie McClurkin's father and it was immediately put on my heart to write for him. I hope these words help him get through this in some way. I am so blessed and thankful for the gift that God has given me.

***

On the morning of November 13, 2013 the golden gates of heaven were opened. To my surprise when I heard the words that the voice of an angel had spoken.

"The heavenly father asked that I come down to earth and fill you in. To let you know your eternal life now begins."

Because this was my first time meeting death I didn't know what to think. But I really had no time, the earth was gone at a blink. As God reached His hand down from beyond the floating skies. I looked back down on you and wiped the tears from my eyes. Then the voice of God sounded and this is what was said,

"The pain they will feel when they hear you are dead. But know that I will not let them live with the hurt. My love will cover them daily and trust me it works. I will comfort them and give them what they need to get by each day. I will listen for their calls and answer to what they pray. I will wipe the tears that pain place in their eyes. I will help them stand tall as they say their good-byes."

At that very moment, my mind was at ease. My worries were gone and I was now filled with peace. I know that me leaving will be hard to swallow. But know that I'm here not only today but also tomorrow. Now me and your mother will sit side-by-side watching you as you continue on in life. Though I did not want to leave you, God gave me my wings so I could fly.

I will forever and always love you.

(Written by Leukemiona "Shala", 11/16/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment