Wednesday, September 17, 2014

In Memory of Lonnie Lynn (father of rapper Common) R.I.P.

In my view stood angels dressed in the whitest robes I've seen,
One spoke stating the Lord has sent them to carry me.
So as each of their hands touch my body, I was lifted up high,
Non-stop was the movement until we reached the heavenly skies.

At the gates there stood God with open arms to greet me,
Tears fell faster than ever to know He'd be there to meet me.
Embraced me with a tight hug and allowed to come thru the golden gates,
So this is where I'll be waiting until we meet again one day.

Son, I'm just so thankful for the time we were given together on earth,
I just want you to know that I'll always love you cos I know losing me hurts.
To know that I'm no longer physically present but the life I lived was worth it,
To be surrounded by family and friends for so many years was absolutely perfect.

I know that the tears may appear and your heart may hurt a little,
Then the laugh will find it's way thru and the memories will have you tickled.
My voice will be heard and the pictures of me will bring a smile,
Know that I love you son and I always will and you made living that much more worthwhile.

Love,
Dad (Pops)

No comments:

Post a Comment